Location: 2022 198th Ave. E., Lake Tapps WA 98391 (Map)
The North Lake Tapps Park is owned and operated by Pierce County, is a beautiful 135-acre lakefront park with some of the most beautiful views of the Lake Tapps and Mt. Rainier you can find! Enjoy water activities, picnic facilities, boating, and fun-in-the-sun!
Please be aware of cold water temperatures throughout the spring months. Even when the outdoor temperature is warm, hypothermia can happen quickly. Always wear a life vest when water temperature is cold, stay close to the shoreline, be aware of milfoil and make sure to have a friend close by.
During the summer months, come early on hot days and weekends. Parking is limited and the gates are closed to vehicles and boats when parking is full.
- Open 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. from April through September.
- No vehicles allowed to enter the park after 7 p.m. from April through September.
- Open 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from October through March.
- No entry after 3:30 p.m. October-March.
- The park is closed on the following Federal Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
Click the following links for additional information:
Typically the lake level is full in late May and begins to drop in the middle of September.
The boat launch is closed November through March.
Cascade Water Alliance controls the lake level at Lake Tapps.
Be safe and have fun!